Comansa at the International Tower Cranes North America Conference: tower cranes for building bridges
Comansa participated at the International Tower Cranes North America Conference & Networking, which took place on the 21st and 22nd of June in Miami and was organised byKHL Group, International Cranes and Specialized Transport and American Cranes & Transport (ACT).
As well as being gold sponsors, we also participated in this edition as speakers. Bill Carbeau, vice-president of business development of Linden Comansa America, and Javier Militino, the group’s marketing manager, discussed the use of tower cranes in bridge building.
Advantages of Tower cranes for bridge construction
After presenting the specific needs (heavy loads, extreme environmental conditions, remote locations, tight deadlines...) that are common in this type of construction project, they went on to explain the solutions offered by tower cranes:
- High under-hook height configurations available. Bracings to allow you to reach greater heights.
- High load capacity, at height and with a 360º working radius. Quick material placement.
- Ability to work during strong winds.
- Precise operator visibility.
- Less invasive from an ecological perspective, smaller environmental footprint.
- Accessibility to the worksite, logistics. Easy to transport and assemble thanks to its modularity.
- A range of available assembly options: as part of the pylon’s foundations, penetrating the bridge deck, on a static base, on mobile bases, on temporary platforms.
Finally they presented several success stories, which showed the advantages of this system in real world situations: the Gordie Howe Bridge between the USA and Canada, Cebu-link in the Phillipines and Anji Khad in India, among others.
It was a real pleasure for us to be able to share Comansa’s knowledge and experience at one of the main events for this sector.